This post is long overdue but last semester was so crazy that I never got around to writing it! It has become a Volpe-White family tradition that at least one weekend each fall when the whole family is in town, we host family brunch on a home football weekend followed by a family photo shoot on the back porch steps.
Last fall, everyone was here for the Clemson game so on Sunday morning we gathered at our house for a yummy, easy brunch spread.
On the menu:
- Biscuits (we cheated and used frozen biscuits – shhh!)
- Sausage gravy (and turkey sausage gravy) – made from scratch
- Scrambled eggs – simple, tasty crowd-pleaser
- Fruit – grapes, raspberries, nectaries, and peaches
- Yogurt almonds – a sweet treat
- Blueberry muffins – Lindsay made these yummy muffins from a Pinterest recipe
We started having the family over for brunch because it was too hard to go out with nine people and it has become a fun way to spend time together. By combining homemade dishes with freezer staples and a simple fruit plate, we end up with a filling, tasty brunch for some of my favorite people.