While we were on vacation at Little Gasparilla, we tried for simple, healthy food that was easy to prepare (no special kitchen gadgets required) and easy to clean up (so we could get back to the sun and sand).
For breakfasts and lunches, we bought:
- English muffins and bread (whole wheat sourdough and plain wheat)
- Cream cheese, butter, jelly, and sunflower seed butter
- Fruit (bananas, blueberries, apples, and grapes)
- Veggies (cucumber, baby carrots, baby peppers)
- Provolone cheese
- Bread and butter pickle chips
- Chips (roasted garlic flavored and a splurge for the beach)
- Jo-jo’s (only the best, most delicious vanilla-flavored cookies from Trader Joe’s)
Breakfasts were sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwiches, English muffins with butter and jelly, bananas with sunflower seed butter, or yogurt with blueberries.
Every day for lunch we had a different combination or tasting plate:
Cucumber and cream cheese sandwich, Jo-jo’s, peppers and carrots with garlic hummus, roasted garlic chips, grapes, and bread and butter pickles
Grilled cheese (provolone, mustard, arugula, and apple slices), grapes, apple slices, bread and butter pickle slices
Sandwich (cream cheese with apple and cucumber slices), cucumber and carrots with garlic hummus, apple slices (and probably some Jo-jo’s later in the afternoon…)
What are some of your favorite go-to luches and dinners when you are preparing simple, healthy meals?